One of my favorite things about photographing people, particularly high school seniors, is connecting with them during the whole portrait process. From pre-session consults, to Pinterest brainstorming, to emails and texts, I know my subjects quite well before I begin photographing them.
And from my first chat with Rachel, a junior at The Hill School, I knew this girl was going to be awesome. Not only is Rachel a stunning beauty and a phenomenal athlete (an ice hockey goalie!), but she's friendly, hard-working, and has a great attitude about everything from family to her future. Anyone who knows her knows this to be true.
Our first session together was a blast. After hair and make-up with the fabulous ladies at Gwendolynn's Salon & Spa, we went to Blanket of Stars Farm, (thanks to the gracious Tricia Sullivan) and created lots of different looks. The wind was quite crazy, but the session was a tremendous success, due mostly to Rachel. She was excited and having so much fun, and it was contagious.
Here are a few of my favorites from our session, along with Rachel's fun facts:
1. I am energetic, kind, and compassionate.
2. I absolutely love music. It is a major part of my life. Favorites are Lady Gaga & John Mayer.
3. Yellow is my favorite color.
4. I am a goaltender in ice hockey!
5. I live and breathe the beach... if I could spend every moment upon its sandy shores, I would.
6. I want to be a pediatric physical therapist for handicapped/disabled children when I am older.
7. My dream colleges are Quinnipiac & Syracuse.
8. The Philadelphia Flyers are my favorite hockey team! I love Claude Giroux!
9. God is a huge part of my life. I try to carry my strong Christian faith and morals everywhere I go, and with everything I do.
10. Family is the most important thing to me.
11. My two biggest celebrity crushes are Leonardo DiCaprio and Channing Tatum.
12. Favorite foods... mashed potatoes and artichokes!
13. Favorite movie: Titanic... I cry EVERY time!
14. I love to wakeboard at my mountain home in the summer! It's my passion!
15. Dirt-biking is one of my favorite hobbies. I love to ride with my Dad and brother!
16. I have one little brother, Dale, who attends Penn View Middle School. I love him with all my heart.
17. My mom is my very best friend.
18. I have two dogs, Laddie (Rough-haired Collie) & Koda (Bernese Mountain Dog) and I love them very much.
19. I have a passion for athletics. Anything that gets my feet moving and my heart racing EXCITES me!
20. I love to bake and cook. Food Network is my absolute favorite!
21. "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" is probably one of my favorite TV shows ever. I love Guy Fieri!
22. Favorite Quote: "Be kind, be fair, be honest, be true...and all of these things will come back to you."
23. In my free time I like to knit, spend time with my family, tumble on tumblr, and bake for my friends and family.
24. I love ice cream more than any other dessert in the world. If I could have ice cream for every meal of every day, I would be perfectly happy.
25. I believe that with faith, devotion, and love, you can accomplish anything.
Rachel, you rocked! I had such a blast during our spring session and I'm super excited to have our summer "friendship session" in the books for July!
Girl, with your attitude and passion, you are going to go far.