Having Alec sign on to be one of my JLP Senior Reps was awesome! Don't get me wrong, I have loved photographing all of these gorgeous girls, but it's not every day you get a high school guy to let you drag him all over town with your camera! And what a great sport he was!
Alec is a student at The Hill School, and while he claims it his "second home", he preferred to have his session off campus. So we met out at St. Peter's Village where we spent a little over an hour exploring the light and capturing his portraits. His mom and sister joined us which made for a lot of laughs and a great time!
Alec also shared a list of fun facts about himself. He sent them to me before our session and I immediately knew meeting him was going to be a blast! Here's what he shared:
1. I play the guitar in the local Progressive Rock band, Taken By Tide.
2. I go to The Hill School in Pottstown, PA. Honestly, it's like a second home to me.
3. I'm that crazy wacko political activist that you see protesting in the streets. Yeah, we actually are real people with real concerns. Like I've always said, dissent is patriotic.
4. I'm the co-captain of The Hill School Debate Team and ranked within the top 32 debaters in the nation. It's made me rather equipped for my parents (I love you mom and dad).
5. Christian? Heck yes! Born and raised a Methodist. The biblical phrase, "love your neighbor as yourself" has always been the dominating idea of my life.
6. Movies. Movies. Movies. I love movies. "High Noon" is without a doubt the best movie I have ever seen.
7. I listen to A LOT of diverse genres of music. You will always see me jamming to rock, blues, jazz, metal, etc. You name it. I probably listen to it.
8. I'm a tea nut. Well, tea doesn't actually have nuts, but you get the point. There's something about tea leaves that is absolutely magical. I mean, I'm certainly not an Englishman, but I do love my Earl Gray tea.
9. I am an active community volunteer and non-profit activist. I am currently the Vice President of the Pennsylvania Youth Congress, an official charter of the not-for-profit and entirely youth-run International Youth Congress. I am also running for Vice President in this year's international Presidential elections. Vote Walsh-Swartz 2012!
10. Obnoxious? Yes. Smooth and laid back? Yes. I know, my personality makes absolutely no sense.
11. Cherry Garcia Ice Cream FTW
12. I live in the middle of nowhere. Somewhere in between Dorothy and Courage the Cowardly Dog.
13. Speaking of cartoons, I used to have this uncanny addiction to Scooby-Doo.
14. Put me on a ski slope. Please. I love skiing with a passion!
15. I have this extreme phobia of bugs. Like seriously, I can't handle it when I see one. I'm plagued with Entomophobia.
16. You wanna know how I got these scars? (Yeah, I had to slide a Dark Knight quote in here somewhere.) Well, I had neck surgery during my Kindergarten years. It was quite the traumatic experience for a youngster.
17. Some people call me a hipster. I just call myself "cultured".
18. For some odd reason, it annoys me when people obsessively #hashtag on #twitter. #whoops #mybad
19. I hope people think I have a great sense of humor. I mean, either they think I'm funny, extremely annoying and obnoxious, or borderline insane. I'm probably the latter.
20. I have the best friends in the world (please pay no attention to the money they are bribing me with to say this).
21. I love to hike and explore the great outdoors. Save the earth, we save ourselves.
22. I'm a Facebook addict. Guilty as charged.
23. It's my dream to travel the world (preferably not by hot air balloon or dogsled). The diverse cultures, languages, socio-political climates, and ideas absolutely intrigue me.
24. I want to be a History Professor at a college when I grow up. Then, I would like to pursue a career in politics and international relations.
25. I figured that I needed to end this list with a bang. Well, drum roll please.............. you're not getting one. I love long walks on the beach and singing in the rain. Actually, that's a lie. To tell you the truth, if you want to sum me up in just a few words, here: I want to change the world. One step at a time. City by city. State by state. Nation by nation. Life by life.
Did I tell you Alec was a blast or what? I'm telling you, I had such a good time photographing this young man and spending time with him and his family that the time flew by. I already cannot wait for our next session this summer. I only hope he remembers me when he's running the world someday!
Thanks Alec, for a great session, and for being such a great sport!
And remember, I'm offering this special for any juniors or seniors out there who want to enjoy a session like this.
For each of my Senior Rep blog posts, I'm offering 3 ways to enter to win 50% off your own senior session:
1. Comment on this blog post below.
2. Share this link to Facebook.
3. Tweet about this link on Twitter.
That's 3 ways to get your name entered! And each JLP Rep will have his/her own blog post so that's even more chances to win (you can only win once though).
Alec's drawing begins today. The winner will be drawn by random.org onFriday, May 4! Enter now!
And get ready for my final Senior Rep...Abby!
I'm looking forward to sharing our session with you.